Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pasta Primevera with Costco Shrimp

I knew it was a day for a Costco assisted meal when, after an hour on the phone with my mother trying to walk her through installing antivirus software on her new notebook computer, I decided to treat myself to a Manhattan only to find that the mother of my children had decided that my dry vermouth, sweet vermouth, & bitters were taking up too much room in the refrigerator and tossed them.  Note to all serious drinkers…those cute, little dorm size fridges are perfect for all the must be refrigerated bar essentials.

Manhattan



An addition to my previously mentioned Costco favorites is the giant shrimp cocktail, 30 beautiful boiled shrimp on a bed of greens around a very mediocre cocktail sauce.  You can opt to consume them as presented (with a cocktail sauce of your own design), in my Shrimp, Artichoke, & Rice Salad, added to my Basic Risotto recipe, or as a Shrimp Salad Sandwich on a Costco Croissant.  Tonight, I had to have some form of alcohol with my meal so I opted for:

PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH SHRIMP

Ingredients

  • 1 lb Barilla Multigrain Pasta (I'm using Vermicell/Angel Hair tonight)
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp dry Italian Seasonings
  • 1 red bell pepper cut in strips
  • 1 orange bell pepper cut in strips
  • 1 yellow bell pepper cut in strips (Yep, bought in one package at Costco)
  • 2 small zucchini julienned
  • 2 small yellow squash julienned
  • 6 scallions cut in 3 inch pieces
  • ½  cup Glen Ellen Chardonnay
  • 24 medium boiled Shrimp
  • Grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
  1. Pour yourself a glass of the Chardonnay.
  2. Fill your favorite pasta pot with water, add a tbsp of minced garlic, a tbsp of kosher salt, & bring to a boil.  Add pasta and cook according to directions.
  3. Melt butter in large skillet & add garlic & Italian Seasonings.   Saute for one minute.
  4. Add remaining veggies & saute for two minutes.
  5. Add wine & cover for one minute.
  6. Add Shrimp & toss briefly to heat.
  7. Serve over pasta, top with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment